Reading habits




When I was Young (in the high school) I remember hate reading because my teachers impose me books to read along the year to increase the final mark. These books were really boring for my and my partners, and we always read them without motivation or excitement to discover a new history or world different or ours.

Nowadays, I LOVE read. I have found stories in which I buried myself and I have forgotten even sleep. I have devoured books in less than one month, because I have been engrossed.

In these pictures, there people reading books in different contexts, ages and format. They are reading texts and books they have chosen. I think the feeling part of other story different of their lives, the feel like in this part of the day they can be businesswoman, a king, they can revive memories of a love story…or they can learn new things, discover new recipes or gather information about news.

I am going to start commenting the picture number 2. I love this photo in which an adult help a children to read and to show the different things a book show us. This photo brings me a lot of memories, my grandmother always stays with me to read a book at nights, when I slept with her; and her voice and intonation, her rhythm and patience when I asked about the story was incredible.

However, in the photo number 4 I can see quite opposite, because there are a lot of children reading the same books and I am sure they are not choosing that. Possibly, the teacher has imposed the book. About encourage the reading habits between the students I have an activity in my blog very interesting for them (and they can work reading and speaking skills)

Depending on the language, I choose different type of texts. For me, it´s easy to read in my mother language (Spanish) and the books are varied. When I read in English, it is about education, to learn and improve in my job. And normally, I read in my free time and there isn´t the slightest doubt that the best option to read is paper. I love new books, its smell, illustrations….

Comentarios

Entradas populares